Tuesday, April 18, 2006

We can't get better

Our household can't seem to get better. My mom, Mason, Eve and myself have been sick. My mom has been sick for about a month and Mason for about 3 weeks. I got a really bad cold or flu about 2 weeks ago and I'm still coughing. Eve got congested and a cough too. We took her into the outpatient kids clinic at Hotel Dieu and they said it was viral and her lungs are clear. She's ok. She does have thrush on her tongue and we're treating that with Nystatin drops.
We thought Mason was getting better but lastnight he woke 4 times and threw up. He threw up 2 times today and has had diaareah. He goes to see the doctor tomorrow and so does Eve for her month check up.
Eve hasn't been eating very well and unfortunately I think I'm the cause of it. I think she may have nipple confusion. We don't give her a bottle everyday and when we do it's just one bottle. She gets a soother when we're out and she's uncontrollably crying. But she'll normally suck on it for a little and spit it back out. I didn't think nipple confusion would happen. She pulls away when eating and she doesn't seem to be eating SO much anymore.
I hope it goes away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that Dave and Connor have had the stomach flu this week too. They must have the same thing that Mason has.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sounds like the same. Hope its all gone soon.
Kate