Thursday, November 25, 2004

Interview

I had an interview lastnight with Yellow Transporation. The job was for part-time billing clerk. The person hired would have to do clerical work, as well as data entry, making sure the drivers manifests were correct so when they cross the border they'd be ok, etc. Essentially, doing their exporting papers. I thought, hey this is right down my alley. And the hours were 5:30pm-10:30pm. That was excellent because we wouldn't need a babysitter. The only downfall would be that Grant and I wouldn't see each other a lot during the week. But you gotta do what you gotta do.
Anyways, the interview went well and I'll know tomorrow if I got it. BUT, I'm turning the offer down if I do get it. First of all, it's on the other side of town and when I get my license it'll be ok but for right now Grant would have to drive me and that could pose a problem. Secondly, I'd be alone for my shift with the drivers coming and going and it's a "Black Terminal" There are hardly any lights around. And lastly, the advertisement for the job had a typo. The hours of 530pm-1030pm where incorrect. It could be from 4pm-12am, or 430pm-11pm. I couldn't get there for that time because Grant gets off work at 4. And, if I get done work at 12am, I'd be tired in the morning with Mason getting up at night and such!
I'm sure the right job will come for me. I've got a couple more months on Maternity but I'm looking now for piece of mind.