Saturday, June 10, 2006

What's happening with me

I had my wisdom teeth removed on Thursday. I took 3 sleeping pills before I went in and was hooked up to IV for sedation when I had the procedure done. I do not remember going to the dentist , anything that happened or even coming home. I am still in pretty rough shape. They had to cut down into my gum for the bottom teeth because they hadn't erupted. Hopefully the pain will go away soon and I can eat something other than yoghurt and soups.
I'm taking oxycodone and was afraid that it might hurt Eve through the breastmilk but I called motherisk and the counsellor said that the drug is made of 2 things : acetametaphin and a narcotic. The acetametaphin part passes about 1-4% into the breastmilk and the narcotic anywhere from 4-10%. They deem medicines safe for breastfeeding if only 10% and under passes through so this is ok to take. Thank goodness because it does help with the pain!
I've joined weight watchers again, I'd like to lose 17lbs or so. This past week was hard; I did cheat quite a bit. I am finding that I am so hungry because of the breastfeeding. I need to find some healthy snacks that I enjoy to munch on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »