Monday, November 13, 2006

I think I've made up my mind

I've been really thinking about my job situation. I do have the customs inteview in December. And I have been really excited about the prospect of getting offered a job. But now that I have been actively thinking about it, and with Grant's input I think I might have to turn down the opportunity if it arises. I just can't go 9 weeks for training at my kids' stage right now. If they were in school it'd be a lot easier. I don't get a salary when I'm in training, just an allowance. So money will be tight as well.
And another major issue is the long drive down the 416 which can be treacherous in the winter. My work days will be very long.
If I work with Livingston, I can walk to work which would be So nice. If one kid is sick at the babysitters, I can get home so quickly instead of having to be there 1 hr after the fact.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Brock said...

Was this other job a huge step up, pay and duty-wise? It's hard though, I agree.

And it's really hard to want to go elsewhere when you work around the corner.

Suzie said...

yah this other job is a really big step up. It's with the gov't. It's a huge pay increase.

But yah, financially we won't be able to survive with me gone for 9 weeks and I would SOOOOOO miss the kids.

Anonymous said...

I think you know what I would say. Keep the plum job in your sights for the future, when your life situation would make it work better. Don't abandon it...just postpone it.

Your kids and husband need you.