Saturday, February 24, 2007

Lee Valley or Livingston?

Lee Valley seems like a neat place to work. They've got such a cool building. They have a showroom, a green house to test out products, a library! Comfy chairs and couches to sit on while you are on your break.

The job seems good too. I'll actually be doing stuff that I've learned. Currently, I'm just an admin clerk. I get papers from a couple of places around where I work, put a cover sheet on them and scan them into the computer. I have been doing a lot of faxing because I still don't have my user ID for the computer yet. But I've been ordering paper/supplies, getting mail ready. I haven't done much in the way of customs yet. My boss said because I do have experience that I'll move quicker and do more challenging things.....but.....I don't think I can do this for much longer.

My current work is 3 mins from me...Lee Valley would be 20. If Lee valley will offer what I'm getting from Livingston, I'm not sure if I should take it. I'll prolly end up spending more on gas. But, it's a much better job.

What would you do???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if it's a better job and the pay is the same then no question take the lee valley job...20 minutes from home is nothing.

Julie

Jennifer said...

Lee Valley! It's close to IKEA, Michael's and Starbucks!!

Dave & Kate said...

Always take the better job. I agree with Julie, 20 min is nothing. It's not worth hating one job and kicking your self for not taking a different one just to save $8/week on gas. or whatever it is. plus Lee Valley Rocks!

Dave